Saturday, December 4, 2010

His Heart

Lord, I am asking for your divine inspiration now; would you please speak to me regarding your people; would you show me the words that need to be spoken; give me the prophetic grace now to put to paper the things of your heart.
My heart aches to see Your Kingdom lived out on this earth, especially in my own life. It is so easy for me to look around and see the depraved, desperate, and lost state of the world around me; it is much more difficult to look at my own heart with any honesty and objectivity. I know you are speaking to me that the change has to begin in my own heart, and I do know that it has begun; I also know it will continue until I am in Your eternal presence. I cannot create anything sustainable, profitable, or Kingdom worthy here on earth, You alone are capable. I can only do my best to align myself with the desires of your heart, be willing, be humble, and obedient. I want to do so much for you and your Kingdom, it is so easy to become lost in a sea of good works. I don't want to be one who stands before you on judgement day and says "Lord, Lord, I did miracles, healing, and prophesying in Your name." and only hears the reply "Depart from Me I never knew you." My performance and works mindset can come from a very good place in my heart most of the time, but that is not always the place you have asked me to be. I just want to fall in love with you and live like you are the only important thing to me. It sounds so simple yet it is so overwhelming, it is totally opposite of everything in my dark and deceitful heart.
So, Lord, I have so many hopes, dreams, and plans for the future. I want to see our community grow, I know it can grow under our strength and then it will eventually crumble and leave people jaded and wounded, would you protect us from that, Oh God! Would you speak to our hearts, would you bring us into obedience, would you draw us into your heart. Would you give us the faith to let go, drop everything, and walk away from this at the very instant you ask. Let our hearts be attached to you alone. This prayer applies to so many things in my life. I am so hopeful for my future in you, Jesus! Keep my hope grounded and rooted in your heart alone. Jesus, I love you, I trust you, expand my heart for more of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment